Maintaining the equilibrium of body elements and the procedure of maintaining the equilibrium of the body elements is the main objective of Ayurveda. Based on these objectives Ayurveda suggests a healthy man’s regimen to be followed. The following are some basic tips from Ayurveda, which, if incorporated in your regimen, will help you to lead a healthy life.
Source : Ayurveda Talk by Acharya
- Always follow the systematized daily routine, and keep yourselves in-tune with change in seasons, following a well-planned diet and exercise schedule.
- Ayurveda emphasizes on maintenance of personal, social and civic hygiene, which is a must for positive health.
- Never sleep during the day as it leads to indigestion.
- Drinking buttermilk is excellent as it is easily digestible, kindles hunger, instigates vata and kapha and cures dropsy, haemorrhoids, enlargement of abdomen, abdominal tumour, duodenal diseases, dysuria, enlargement of spleen, loss of appetite, and anaemia.
- Ayurveda recommends vegetarian foods that give more nourishment to the body than non-vegetarian foods.
- Always try to eat fresh lukewarm food and in limited quantities. Food should be taken at least 2 to 3 hours before bedtime, as it helps in ensuring proper digestion and a sound sleep.
- Make oil massage a part of your daily routine.
- Physical exercise should be an inevitable part of your daily routine. Apart from this, yoga practice will help in bringing lightness to the body, stability, ability to work, resistance to discomfort and will stimulate digestion.
- Coconut water is sweet, coolant, easily digestible, relieves thirst, is an aphrodisiac, improves hunger and cleanses the urinary bladder.
- Periodic use of rejuvenation therapy is considered important in maintenance of positive health, given, its therapeutic potential to delay the ageing process and improve quality of life.
- Ayurveda also believes that mind is a very powerful tool in both causing and curing any disease, and hence, mental discipline and adherence to moral values are considered a pre-requisite for health. Hence, ethical basis of life is considered to be a vital health support system