Great skin is not simply a matter of DNA; your daily habits, diet and treatment have big impact what you see in mirror.
Acne is the one of the most common skin problem that affects both men and women. Ugly to look at and painful in general, the outbreak of acne can be extremely demotivating and have an adverse effect on the confidence of an individual. Very few understand what causes it and how to treat it. Here Life Line Ayurvedic doctors are going to explain every aspect of it.
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when hair follicles get plugged with oil and dead skin cells.
Over production of sebum (because of any reason) blocks the follicle > Bacterial thrive > Inflammation of skin > Acne.
It is characterized by:
- Black head.
- White head.
- Cystic acne.
- Using products that contain pore clogging ingredients like Mineral oil and Silicone in skin care cosmetics.
- Overusing of topical Salicylic acid, Benzoyl peroxide or Sulphur over the counter treatments can dry out skin, causing it to produce more oil.These ingredients can slightly burn the top layer of skin making pimple red.
- Eating spicy food decreases pH level of skin as they are acidic in nature.
- Hair products with Sulfates and Silicone clogs the pore.
- Sugar's oxidative properties provoke acne. Food high on the glycemic index cause spike in body's insulin level that further exacerbate inflammation. Steep insulin spikes increase the production of skin oils and contribute clogging of follicles.
- Stress stimulate production of cortisol. This stimulate oil glands to produce more oil which clogs the pores.
- Picking and rubbing of pimples and skin leads to bacterial spread.
- Not washing face after workouts.
- Increased skin exposure without sun protection leads to dryness and redness of skin and breakouts.
Treating Acne :
Best Acne treatment in Adelaide-
Ayurvedic doctors at LIFE LINE AYURVEDIC HERBAL CLINIC treats everyone by keeping all the causes and Ayurvedic principles in their mind. According to Ayurveda all above said reasons provoke VATA and PITTA dosha in body. In turn they lead to vitiation of Rakta (blood) and Mansa dhatu (muscle tissue). This cause multiple small lesions named Yuvana Pidika.
Treatment is based on :
- Coolant and mind smoothening herbs.
- Detoxifying and blood purifying herbs. Both astringent (dry up the serum) and bitter (antibacterial effect).
- Complexion enhancer herbs.
- Anti stress therapy.
- Detox therapy.
- Life style management.
- Diet plan, Yoga, Pranayam.
Herbs used at Life Line Ayurvedic Clinic for Acne :
- Rakta chandana.
Oral Herbal Formulations :
- Kaishore Guggul
- Maha Manjishtadi Kashayam
- Panchanimbadi Churna
- Avipattikar Churna
External Application :
- Kumkumadi Thailam
- Nalpamaradi Thailam
Do and Don’t :
- Thorough wash by lukewarm water.
- Drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated.
- Avoid dust & sun exposure.
- Proper head bath.
*As beauty is being comfortable and confident in your own skin.*